Transforming the Lives of Patients with Diabetes
ViaCyte, Inc., a leader in the emerging field of regenerative medicine, is headquartered in San Diego, California. ViaCyte's innovative product is based on the differentiation of stem cells into pancreatic beta cell precursors (PEC-01™), with subcutaneous implantation in a retrievable and immune-protective encapsulation medical device (Encaptra® drug delivery system). Once implanted, the precursor cells mature into endocrine cells that secrete insulin and other hormones in a regulated manner to control blood glucose levels. ViaCyte's goal is a product that can free patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes from long-term insulin dependence. ViaCyte has received substantial financial support from both the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) and JDRF.
VC-01™ Combination Product
ViaCyte is developing a unique treatment for diabetes, VC-01 combination product, to enable the production of insulin within the body.
Learn more about VC-01 »
Hope for Patients with Diabetes
ViaCyte is dedicated to enabling insulin independence without immunosuppression, hypoglycemia, or other diabetes-related complications. Learn more about diabetes»
News and Events
- 02.06.2014 | JDRF to Provide Additional Support for Upcoming Clinical Trial of ViaCyte’s Encapsulated Cell Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes
- 12.19.2013 | ViaCyte Appoints Mark Foletta, former CFO of Amylin, to its Board of Directors
- 12.02.2013 | ViaCyte to Present at the 25th Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference
- 10.29.2013 | ViaCyte Granted Over 20 Patents in 2013 Further Establishing the Company as a Leader in the Field of Regenerative Medicine
- 10.16.2013 | ViaCyte to Present at the JDRF 8th Annual T1D Global Path to a Cure Symposium
all releases » or all events »