Transforming the Lives of Patients with Diabetes
ViaCyte, Inc., a leader in the emerging field of regenerative medicine, is headquartered in San Diego, California. ViaCyte's innovative product is based on the differentiation of stem cells into pancreatic beta cell precursors (PEC-01™), with subcutaneous implantation in a retrievable and immune-protective encapsulation medical device (Encaptra® drug delivery system). Once implanted, the precursor cells mature into endocrine cells that secrete insulin and other hormones in a regulated manner to control blood glucose levels. ViaCyte's goal is a product that can free patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes from long-term insulin dependence. ViaCyte has received substantial financial support from both the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) and JDRF.
VC-01(TM) Combination Product
ViaCyte is developing a unique treatment for diabetes, VC-01 combination product, to enable the production of insulin within the body.
Learn more about VC-01 »
Hope for Patients with Diabetes
ViaCyte is dedicated to enabling insulin independence without immunosuppression, hypoglycemia, or other diabetes-related complications. Learn more about diabetes»
News and Events
- 02.13.2013 | JDRF and California Institute for Regenerative Medicine Increase Funding of ViaCyte
- 01.31.2013 | ViaCyte’s Role as a Leading Cell Therapy Company Bolstered with the Issuance of 20 Patents in 2012
- 01.10.2013 | Next Steps in Potential Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetes
- 10.29.2012 | ViaCyte Appoints Steve Altman to its Board of Directors
- 10.26.2012 | ViaCyte Receives $10.1 Million Strategic Partnership Award from CIRM to Continue Development of Diabetes Therapy