ViaCyte, Inc., a leader in the emerging field of regenerative medicine, is a private, venture-capital backed company headquartered in San Diego, California, focused on profoundly improving the way patients with diabetes are treated. For more information on ViaCyte, please visit www.viacyte.com and connect with ViaCyte on Twitter and Facebook.
As a member of the team, incumbent will conduct animal studies evaluating safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of human ES cell-derived diabetes therapies. This is a full time position.
- Perform in vivo experiments, including implant surgeries on rodents, and other routine procedures, such as health monitoring, blood collection, drug administration, and necropsy.
- Assist with operational management of the vivarium, including interfacing with vivarium management and facilitating efficient resolutions to logistical and environmental problems.
- Assist in collecting and organizing study documentation from multiple researchers, such as notes, observations, and data, and enter into a central database.
- Assist in updating standard operating procedures and protocols for Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Record and maintain accurate research documentation and perform analyses to identify non-conforming data points. Prepare written summaries of data for peer review.
- Contribute to the development of novel assays and adaptation of existing assays to comply with standards required of preclinical in vivo studies.
- Prepare, process, and retain documentation required to maintain DEA controlled substances license.
- Train staff of contract research organizations and collaborators in the execution of critical procedures.
Our dynamic workplace is attractive to those who are self-motivated and resourceful. You will be expected to set priorities within your job scope and to meet critical deadlines. Flexibility to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines is essential.
BS degree in biology or related field is required. Minimum 4 years industry experience is required. Hands-on experience performing surgeries, dosing, and blood collection procedures on immunocompromised rodents is required.
- Experience with diabetes models in rodents is helpful.
- Knowledge of document control methods required in a preclinical environment is desirable, including ability to independently draft standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of IACUC policies, and ability to draft study protocols and to complete applications, are required.
- Must be able to navigate multiple software environments, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), documentation management software (QCBD, Signals), bioluminescence acquisition and image analysis software (Living Image), and statistical analysis software (jmp or minitab).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to draft technical reports and present data clearly and concisely.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the job duties as listed above is acceptable.
For submission by e-mail, attach your resume and cover letter as a Word or PDF file. In the Subject line, reference Job Code 2020-25 and your full name. Send to email@example.com. Our mailing address: ViaCyte, Inc., 3550 General Atomics Court B2-503, San Diego, California, 92121.
It is the policy of ViaCyte to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, ViaCyte will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
ViaCyte’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, promotions and social/recreational programs.