We are currently seeking a QC associate to work in both laboratory and cleanroom environments under strict SOP’s for performing environmental monitoring. Responsibilities include; sampling using EM equipment, sample handling, reporting results with accurate documentation, maintaining database of results, investigation of OOS’s, and determination of root cause as appropriate.
Other responsibilities include quality review and release of all incoming GMP materials; Inventory control management and preventative maintenance activities. Raw material, In-process and lot release sample handling, testing and tracking. Assisting with other duties as needed.
A hands-on approach is required for most job tasks, such as environmental monitoring. Knowledge and experience with aseptic technique is required. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented, resourceful, flexible and able to handle multiple priorities at once. Flexibility to handle shifts in manufacturing schedules is essential. Weekend work will be required due to the biological nature of the products
This is a temporary position located in San Diego, CA and is not eligible for relocation
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all company policies, quality policies, and SOPs.
- Perform Environmental monitoring.
- EM sample handling.
- Report results and database management.
- Receiving activities for GMP supplies/materials-including proper documentation review, and disposition.
- Quarantine and storage of materials as required.
- In- process and release test sample handling, testing and tracking.
- Raw material sample handling, testing and tracking.
- Inventory control of retains/ raw materials and other QC materials.
- Purchase general supplies and EM supplies as needed.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance general upkeep of the QC EM equipment and areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in quality control or environmental monitoring in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
- Experience in an aseptic manufacturing clean room
- College degree in a scientific discipline or 5+ years’ work experience in quality control or EM environment.
- Experience in handling of biological/raw materials.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent record keeping skills and attention to detail
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Windows and Office, including Word and Excel.
For submission by e-mail, attach your resume and cover letter as a Word or PDF file. In the Subject line, reference Job Code: 2021 – 43 and your full name. Send to email@example.com. Our mailing address: ViaCyte, Inc., 3550 General Atomics Court B2-503, San Diego, California, 92121. We are an E-Verify Employer.
ViaCyte is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, directives, and regulations, and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, promotions, and social/recreational programs.